Socialize with us
WHAT ARE THE BEST BRASS FIREPLACE SCREENS?
A brass fireplace screen is a decorative screen that is placed in front of a fireplace to prevent sparks and embers from escaping and potentially causing a fire, it will also greatly enhance the fireplace aesthetics in your home.
They come in a variety of designs and styles which we will look at in this post and some brass fireplace screens can also be used in a practical way by containing and distributing heat from the fireplace.
A Durable and Stylish Option for Your Home
Brass is a stylish metal that can add a touch of elegance and warmth to a home, It has a rich, warm color that can complement a variety of decor styles, from traditional to contemporary that’s part of why it is timeless and so popular.
3-Panel curved top fireplace screen
It is often used in lighting fixtures, door hardware, and home accessories, and can also be used as a statement piece in any room, for example, your fireplace screen.
Brass is a versatile metal that can be polished to a high shine or left to develop a natural patina over time, which can give it a more vintage or antique look.
Brass is still a very popular choice among homeowners, designers, and decorators because of its durability, ease to clean, and of course timeless look.
What to Look for in a Brass Fireplace Screen
With so many options out there it can be daunting to find the right one for your home below are some of the different styles and shapes to get you started and leaning in the right direction, so continue reading and find the right one for you.
Flat Guard Screen
The first one is the Flat Guard Screen that is placed in front of a fireplace. It is typically low to the ground and really only stops embers from rolling out, it has a frame made of brass and almost always has a decorative design on it.
Three-Fold or Tri-fold screen
This is a screen that is made of three panels that can be folded together allowing for easy access to the fireplace and also allowing for the screen to be adjusted to fit different-sized fireplaces.
Tri-fold screens are the most common screen types and some of the easiest to find.
Bi-Fold Fireplace Screen
A Bi-fold screen is a screen that is made with two panels and that can be folded together and put away with ease, it works similarly to the three-fold screen, and also allows for easy access to your fireplace you simply move this lightweight screen to one side and can have access to the fire if needed, and it can be adjusted to fit different sizes of fireplaces, this is also a very common choice and easy to come by.
Fireplace screens with doors
This is the one that has doors that can be opened and closed allowing for easy access to the fireplace if you need to tend the fire or add logs, its style allows for the screen to be adjusted to fit different-sized fireplaces, generally, they come in a flat panel or tri-fold shape.
Fireplace screens with arched or curved tops
Screens with curved tops are very popular and look best in front of a fireplace that has an arched front, what’s really nice about this fireplace screen style is that it adds a cool decorative touch and if it is brass even better.
These are just a few examples of the many styles and shapes of brass fireplace screens that are available.
A Review of the TOP BRASS Fireplace Screens
There are many different styles, sizes, and shapes of brass fireplace screens so in this part I would like to show you some of the options and what I would consider my top choices, each screen is different and has different features that set them apart, so take a look below at my favorites.
Peacock Feather Fireplace Screen
- This is a beautiful lightweight peacock fireplace screen design that can be easily moved and is durable, it has a freestanding metal brass-tone construction.
- Size: 38.0 W x 9.25 D x 32.25 H inches
- Weight: 8.16 Pounds
- Functionality: Prevents sparks and embers from coming into contact with family or combustibles or potentially flammable household items.
- Design and Style: This vintage brass peacock fireplace screen is great for adding a decorative essence and at the same time protection to your living area.
Brass fireplace screen with doors
- This fireplace screen with doors is great because of its use of strong magnets to prevent sparks from escaping and at the same time provide easy access to tend your fire
- Size: 38.5 x 8.3 x 31 inches
- Weight: 13.64 Pounds
- Functionality: These modern solid iron bars are arrayed in clean geometric patterns that will turn any hearth into a modern art display of art!
- Design and Style: This is a simple but sturdy screen with flat feet that won’t easily move for maximum ember protection, take your fireplace screen aesthetics to new heights with this brass-tone color.
Single Panel Brass Screen
- Perfect form meets function thanks to the minimal, modern design of this straight, linear frame fireplace screen with tight mesh that is anti-spark.
- Size: 38 x 3 x 27 inches
- Weight: 11.7 Pounds
- Functionality: This simple, single-panel design combines seamlessly with two sturdy feet and strong brass tone color.
- Design and Style: These sturdy iron bars are tightly connected by mesh and a set of steel stabilizing feet to create a durable freestanding fireplace screen, also a pair of welded handles prevent heat buildup so you can easily move the screen and tend to your fire.
Fireplace Screen with Chevron Pattern
- This geometric foldable 3-panel fireplace screen comes with a chevron pattern making it a wonderful decorative fireplace screen for any home classic or modern.
- Size: 52″ x 1″ x 31″ Inches
- Weight: 4.19 Pounds
- Functionality: This chevron-patterned fireplace screen features a metallic brushed brass-toned finish over a silver frame, giving it a unique distressed look.
- Design and Style: For those looking for a stylish folding that is lightweight making it easy to move, and flat to the ground for maximum ember protection.
Brass Fireplace Screen Aesthetics
As you know brass is a nice warm-toned metal, and it pairs well with a variety of colors depending on the fireplace screen aesthetics you are looking for in your home.
Here are some popular color combinations that go well with brass:
Black: The contrast between the warm brass and the cool black creates a striking, modern look, and this has become a very popular look.
White: This pairing creates a clean, classic look that can be both elegant and modern at the same time, a fireplace that is painted white looks amazing with a brass screen.
Navy Blue: The deep blue color complements the warm tones of the brass and creates a sophisticated look, try and look for rich blues like royal blue for example.
Forest Green: The rich green color complements the warmth of the brass and creates a natural, earthy look, beautiful.
Brown: The earthy tones of brown complement the warm tones of brass and create a natural and cohesive look.
Overall, brass pairs well with a variety of colors, including earthy tones, cool tones, and deep jewel tones, as well as with neutral colors like
Another great way to add some flair to your fireplace is by adding Brass fireplace tools that will go perfectly with your new screen, click the link to see a really nice option.
Decorate your fireplace with brass
Add to your fireplace screen aesthetics with these modern fireplace Andirons
- You can Install a brass fireplace screen adding that decorative touch and also protecting your home from embers and sparks.
- Place brass candlesticks or candelabras on your mantel giving it a warm, and inviting look.
- Hang a brass mirror above your fireplace this will reflect light and create the illusion of a larger space.
- Add a set of fireplace tools to any hearth for a functional and stylish touch.
- You could also display a collection of brass objects, such as vases, bowls, or sculptures, on the mantel or hearth for a curated look.
- Place a brass flower pot on the mantel or hearth and add a green plant for a natural touch of the earth.
- Get a brass fireback, this is a metal plate that sits behind the fire and will reflect heat and add a classic decorative touch to your fireplace.
Brass fireplace screen conclusion
Personally, I’ve always liked brass tones In a home it adds some richness and glamor, and a fireplace screen and accessories can really make that happen, especially because a fireplace generally is the focal point in most homes.
If you liked this post or would like to add some value please leave a comment below and share on with the buttons on the side or bottom of your page.
Thank you for reading.