The Solo Stove smokeless fire pit is so unique because of its stainless steel smoke-free burning design, the solo stove comes in 3 models starting with the Solo Stove Ranger, the Solo Stove Bonfire, and the Solo Stove Yukon in this unique fire pit lineup.
Have you ever been to your friends for a bonfire and instead of enjoying the fire you get covered in smoke and you cant enjoy the fire because your eyes are burning and you’re coughing all night, what a drag, the solo stove smokeless fire pit changes all that and even though it does smoke a little it is nothing in comparison to your traditional fire pit
If you’re here reading this post you probably are thinking of buying a solo stove smokeless fire pit or interested in whether they really work because you have heard other people talking about them or seen them advertised and now is the perfect time to get your hands on one of these things in time for summer.
There are three solo stove firepits in the lineup, the smallest being the Solo Stove Ranger, the medium-sized being the Solos stove Bonfire and lastly the largest or the big brother of the bunch the Solo stove Yukon.
The three solo stoves in the lineup are all built around the same patented technology that allows you to have a low smoke firepit or almost smokeless firepit experience. So continue reading to see why the solo stove smokeless fire pit is so unique and is really a game-changer.
Take a look at my post about the WHAT ARE THE BEST BUDGET FRIENDLY FIREPITS IN 2021
TOP 5 REASONS TO BUY A SOLO STOVE SMOKELESS FIRE PIT
There are 5 reasons for being a solo stove that makes it stand out from other firepits and make it unique.
1. Advertised as a smokeless fire pit
Solo Stove is built with a unique design that maximizes airflow through its inner walls making the burning process more complete and with little or no smoke.
According to the instructions if you keep the stack of wood inside the fire pit below the upper air vents you should have a very clean burn that is smokeless or low smoke.
2. Clean and safe for camping
The first reason is if you like camping you will know that most campsites are well used and the pre-existing firepits are used almost every night, and the problem is that some people throw anything into those firepits, garbage, etc., so they can be a breathing hazard, and really when you think about it it is disgusting.
The second reason is that the solo stove smokeless fire pit leaves no trace behind after a fire when camping, maybe just a few ounces of ashes that you can scatter anywhere without anyone ever knowing you were there.
The solo stove is also very efficient, when burning 20 lbs of firewood you are only left with around 5 ounces of wood ashes, so that’s great for the environment and your wallet.
3. Modern design
Solo Stove is an innovative company and their firepits are built with quality lightweight material, with weights ranging from 15 to 38 lbs., and are constructed from 304 high-grade stainless steel, the Solo stove firepits resonate quality and have a nice strong and modern design that fits into any backyard.
4. A large array of Solo Stove accessories
Part of what is so great about the Solo Stove firepits is that there are so many Solo Stove accessories you can buy to make your experience more enjoyable, you will not find any other firepit on the market that has so many great addons and the best part is that they are constantly creating new addons or upgrades, so let’s go ahead and take a look at some of them
5. Can you cook on a Solo Stove fire pit?
People always ask can you cook on a solo stove fire pit, and the answer is yes with their new cast iron grill kit for cooking right on top of your solo stove, now you can grill steaks, burgers, vegetables, or whatever you want on the solo stove.
The cast iron grill kit is designed to fit all three firepits and is an amazing addon allowing you to make your firepit into a cooking surface that everyone can get close to.
If you need some cooking inspiration take a look at these 40 BACKYARD FIRE PIT RECIPIES
- Cast Iron Grill — For the perfect sear
- Bonfire Hub — Elevates your cooking surface
Invite everyone around the fire with 360° access to cooking. on a cast Iron Grill, this grill is built for easy hassle-free assembly. The grill sits inside the solo stove firepits and is portable.
The grill is made with our signature 304 stainless steel just like the firepit and is made as a seamless piece for ultimate durability. With its brushed finish to match your firepit for effortless balance and stability.
Can you cook on a Solo Stove fire pit?…the answer is yes, a very loud YES!Jonathan A.
Pros and Cons
- You can have a fire almost anywhere without damaging the groud like your lawn for example.
- It burns very hot and because of the holes at the bottom alowing mor oxegen to enter causing double combustian, and because of this inovative designe it leaves behind very little ash, this promotes smoke reduction.
- They are light but no to light that they can get damaged or dented easy
- The Solo Stove firepit is easy to light because it has holes at the bottom that increase the airflow alowing kindling to start up fast with no hassel.
- The best part is that your clothes wont smell like smoke after a fire and you wont be moving your chair around the firepit everytime smoke comes your way.
- There are three sizes to the solo stove making it perfect for campers or backyard enthuiests alike, The smallest is the Solo Stove Ranger that is great to tke on a camping trip or to the beach because of its compact size, the midsize is the Solo Stove Bonfire and the largest of the three is the Solo Stove Yukon both are great for a backyard or patio setting.
- The shiny stainless steel finish can change to a discoloured finish, but don”t let that bother you anything that is stainless steel discolores with over heating it is a normal process, this doesn’t happen to everyone when they buy a Solo Stove but is normal if it does.
- To clean out the Solo Stove you need to tip it over and clean out any ash that s leftover, and to do that you will need to wait for it to cool down
Final thoughts on the Solo Stove Smokeless Fire pit
My final thoughts on the Solo Stove smokeless fire pit is that they are all worth the value for the money, although they are not the cheapest option the build quality and sleek but rouged stainless steel design really show that it is a fire pit that you can have for a lifetime, about that it comes with a lifetime guarantee and there are more details on the Solo Stove website.
The fire pit’s amazing features guarantee a warm environment while camping or hanging out with friends in the backyard, also have a lot of addons that you can buy on the solo stove website that no other fire pit can even come close to that really makes it unique and upgradable to your needs.
Some things that I personally like are, the portability making it easy to take anywhere, I really like how easy it is to start because let’s face it no one wants to be messing with starting a fire, and it works well in places where you want to be careful with fire, for example, a campsite that prohibits open fire pits due to forest fire protection.
And lastly and most important you will have the coolest firepit in your neighborhood hands down if you decide you buy one of these your neighbors will definitely want one too.
Thank you for taking the time to read my review on the Solo Stove smoke-free fire pit and I hope it helps you decide on buying one and to really start enjoying your backyard and camping trips.